Tough truth time: people don’t read anymore. At least not the way they used to. The days of long, lingering sessions with the daily newspaper over breakfast and evening novels by candlelight is unfortunately pretty much over. Sure, there are still many fine folks who enjoy a good book and buy their paper in print, but they are in the minority by far.
However, this is not necessarily a bad thing. Consider the following if you will – certain language teachers are now accepting the use of emoticons in text messages and popular media as the next evolution of our written interaction. Naturally, this is a rather contentious statement (especially when you bring it up around language purists), but when you stop to think about it objectively it actually makes sense.
The point? The way people consume and share information has changed. Whether we like it or not, it’s quicker (and in some cases, more effective) to watch a video on a given subject than to read an essay about it; just as it’s often more convenient to send a heart-eyes emoji than declaring your love in sonnet format.
Cue: Explainer Videos. These elegantly crafted marketing tools are fast becoming some of the most effective in any brand manager’s arsenal. How so? Well, here are five amazing ways in which your brand could benefit from explainer videos:
- Video coverts like nobody’s business. In terms of statistics, 3 out of 4 people are more likely to purchase a product or use a service after watching an explainer video.
- It’s quick & easy. If your brand requires a bit of explaining, you are more likely to keep our audience’s attention if you do so in video format.
- It’s infinitely shareable. Videos are simple to share, on and off social media. Essentially, you’re giving your existing customers the tools to become brand ambassadors.
- Google loves it. Want to rank better? Websites with video content consistently rank higher in the SERPs than those without.
- It sticks. When an explainer video combines memorable visuals with compelling storytelling, your viewers are very likely to recall your brand when they require your product or services.
So, there you have it – five awesome ways in which your brand stands to benefit from well-developed, consumer-focused explainer videos. Keep an eye on the blog in coming weeks and months for the inside scoop on how tailormade online content can change the way you do business.