Before we get into the benefits of an explainer video, let me ask if you can relate to any of the following statements:
- People don’t really understand the product or service you offer and how it can benefit them
- People mostly just blank out when you tell them what you do
- You start off your elevator pitch and slack-jawed and glazed over faces stare back at you when you explain the nature of your business?
- You lose their attention 10 seconds into your technical, jargon-filled explanation
- You’ve invested a lot of cash in your online marketing campaign but you’re not seeing the return on your investment?
All of the above are common frustrations from our new clients and some of the reasons why explainers are not a not hard sell. These once underrated videos are today pure gold. Our clients, from start-ups selling Aloe Vera to Big Banks who need to win big deals, are using video explainers to make their long stories short, shiny and polished. We all know how Dropbox got famous using an explainer video on its home page but this little gem of a tool now has application far and wide, well beyond website pages. Here are 4 of the biggest benefits you’ll see from your explainer:
- Ka-Ching: What you’re really looking for at the end of the day is a boost in sales, and this is where explainer videos are worth their weight in gold. According to figures released by Unbounce, including an explainer video on your landing page can increase conversion rates by up to 80%… can you say ka-ching?
- Stake Your Claim: If you’re looking to get onto Google’s front page in search rankings, videos are the way forward to becoming king of the rankings page. Videos trump text listings every single time so watch your rankings rise with an explainer on your site.
- Pitch Perfect: No, we’re not talking about The Voice or Idols. Every time you need to pitch to a new client, your explainer video will form part of your perfect pitch arsenal in powerful video format. Think of your explainer video as your best salesperson, working 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Sharing is Caring: You know what the best thing is about online videos? People love to share them across social platforms, whether it’s YouTube, Vimeo or Facebook. And every time someone clicks “share,” your brand gets more exposure, leading to better conversion rates.
A nugget of wisdom: you should be repurposing your explainer video EVERYWHERE, to really mine its benefits. Besides placing it on your landing page, use it as a standalone tool on social media channels, as a link in your email signature, and even on web publications. Back in the days of the Gold Rush, prospectors flocked to new frontiers to make their fortunes in the gold fields. Sure, the Internet is hardly a new frontier, but online video’s growing performance and skyrocketing value can’t be ignored and it would be wise to have your toolkit polished.
Contact us today to find out how.