Did you know? Visual content is one of the most powerful communication mediums available today. Why? It’s simple – our brains process visuals more efficiently than text alone (60 000 times faster than text), which makes visual content more interesting, engaging and effective. Cue: video and animation.
Here are some of the benefits of using visuals and video as part of your marketing:
- It’s easier and quicker to get your point across (tick tock)
- Images are shortcuts and reminders for bigger ideas. It takes a lot of effort to describe an idea, showcasing it is a lot easier
- Representing ideas visually requires less energy from your audience and visuals elicit emotions, which is what drives our decisions (yes, it’s our lizard brain that makes the decisions)
- The average user spends 88% more time on a website with video than a website without video
- Video will be part of 80% of all internet content by 2019
- Visually engaging content is more attractive, and well-designed information generates initial interest even before the information is actually processed – which means you’re audience will be eating out of your hand before you even say “Thank you, any questions”.